Studio 2

Studio 2

Friday, July 8, 2011

Rebekah was student of the Week

       Visiting South Beach
On Wednesday the 8th of June, Fordell school travelled to sandy South Beach to collect pumice.

 First we got out of the cars to the opening of South Beach. The waves were crashing down and the sand was blowing across the beach.

I took ten steps and then finally I found some pumice laying all alone in the sand half buried. I picked it up and started to find more pumice. Soon my bag was full with pumice. The bag nearly ripped because it was as heavy as a junk food eater elephant and I was really struggling to carry it, so I put it down.

Later Tineisha and I wondered around South Beach and decided to play tag. It was very fun playing tag but I nearly stepped on a sharp and pointy stick facing upwards and it would have hurt.

After we ate morning tea. I ate crackers, pretzels and a nut bar. They were yummy like chocolate cake.

After I ate my morning tea, Tineisha and I went searching for unusual looking shells. Some of the shells sparkled in the sun and some looked like one thousand years old. After collecting the shells Tineisha and I set them out on the sand dunes. It was fun because it was like selling seashells from a shop.

Next it was time for me to do something else so I went over to where Georgina and Libby were. I wondered what they were doing ... They were sliding down the sand dunes!!! It looked like fun so I joined in and I had a great time with them even though we got sand up our undies.

 Later in the day it was time to go back to school and start to make the pumice towers.

I enjoyed the trip and I think Fordell school should have another trip to South Beach one day!!!



By Rebekah

Rebekah got student of the week for being commited to working. She works steadily all the time with excellent results. She listens and follows directions very well.

1 comment: